View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 08:57 AM
Helen6869

Smile

Originally Posted by krafty14 View Post
I would place them left and bottom. Then lay them out how you want them. Add 1.5" strips to the right side of the last block in a row. Add 1.5" strips to the top of the first row of blocks. That is how it was done for my picture. (Done EQ7) You will end up with sashing between all the blocks and a narrow border all around. It's hard to see the top and right side borders in the picture because they are almost white. As an alternate, you could add the right side and top in one long strip after the rest is together. Personally, I like to add the shorter strips - less stretch. Ann
Good morning krafty14. I noticed the left hand side of your drawing is uneven. The right side is one straight line down. Wouldn't it be better to make the left side straight since we usually read from left to right and when I look at your drawing I look left to right. The right side would then be a little off. Would I place the sashing on the right side and bottom instead of the left side and bottom to make that happen? Any thoughts on that? You have been a tremendous help. Glad you did it on your software. I don't have that program.....just old-fashioned paper and pencil! haha!! Thanks again! Let me know what you think on this idea. Oh, i would then add 1 1/2" strip to the top and left side to make it appear straighter.
Oh, by the way, I was able to purchase the last yard and 1/8 of the same white fabric at Hobby Lobby yesterday. So really, now I have plenty to play with and add additional white to the blocks if I needed to do that. Also had to buy some beautiful springy looking yellow for a future fun time!

Last edited by Helen6869; 02-23-2017 at 09:01 AM. Reason: adding information