Old 02-27-2017, 09:45 AM
Carol in WI

My Wonky -almost discarded - mystery quilt: This is my first train ride mystery and I have to say that first of all, I love the pattern - Thank you Judy! But I am not so happy with my fabric choices, at least compared to many of the others that have been posted. The gold that at first looked pretty good with my print now looks like mustard and the red (ketchup?) seemed too bold and over powering. But the real issue is that I had this "brilliant" idea to make it a two sided quilt and put a cross on the back as it had already been designated for a prayer quilt to be given away to someone in need. What was I thinking??? When I quilted it, the front and back got off-kilter so that the border on the back is all wonky and uneven. Into the UFO/throw pile it went until I realized that everyone's life has some uneven twists and turns and it is just a reminder of our need for prayer at those times.
Attached Thumbnails wonky-mystery-trainride-quilt-002.jpg   wonky-mystery-trainride-quilt-001.jpg