View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 05:37 PM
chris_quilts

DH just purchased my Valentine's/birhtday present but he doesn't know it, yet. They are 5 days apart. :( It is a 1929 National sewing machine and it's a treadle. the belt needs to be replaced BUT I got a box of attachments with it. I, however, did not get an owner's manual and have no idea how to thread it. It's a double spool machine whereby one spool is for the top thread and one spool where the bobbin would normally be. Liking that feature but will need to find owner's manual somehow, somewhere. National was absorbed in 1953 and ceased to exist period in 1957. Anyway, here are some pictures. The serial # is H58689 and the bobbin plate has some pitting on it so some of the patent numbers aren't completely visible. Gal at LQS thinks the sewing shop will be able to get me the belt.

If anyone has an owner's manual or knows of website(s) where I might be able to get a PDF file, I'd appreciate the information.

My new machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33353[/ATTACH]

a closeup of the name
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33354[/ATTACH]

the head, sideways
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33355[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-33353.jpe   attachment-33354.jpe   attachment-33355.jpe