Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Birthday present >

Birthday present

Birthday present

Old 02-07-2010, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Minnie
Josephine was my ggrandmothers name and she was called Josie for short. Conincidence???? HUM....LOL
Josephine was my Aunt's name.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Originally Posted by Charlee
What a beauty!! :) Happy Birthday and Happy V-day!

Needlebar.org is a GREAT site! They helped me to ID my machine for what she is...which is NOT what the serial number and the Singer website had me believing! ;) (Hannah is actually made in 1912, not 1879...and is a Singer 9W.)

Anyway....you got a steal...isn't it fun? What are you going to name her?
Her name is Josephine - Josie for short. She's named after my grandmother. Neither she nor my mother would approve of giving her a name let alone that name but she neeeds an olfashioned name and that's what came to mind. I will check out needlebar.org and thanks for the information.
My ggrandmothers name was Josephine and she was called Josie for short.....Small world huh....LOL
Old 02-07-2010, 08:43 AM

woopsss...sorry boooboooo
Old 02-07-2010, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Minnie
Originally Posted by Charlee
What a beauty!! :) Happy Birthday and Happy V-day!

Needlebar.org is a GREAT site! They helped me to ID my machine for what she is...which is NOT what the serial number and the Singer website had me believing! ;) (Hannah is actually made in 1912, not 1879...and is a Singer 9W.)

Anyway....you got a steal...isn't it fun? What are you going to name her?
Her name is Josephine - Josie for short. She's named after my grandmother. Neither she nor my mother would approve of giving her a name let alone that name but she neeeds an olfashioned name and that's what came to mind. I will check out needlebar.org and thanks for the information.
My ggrandmothers name was Josephine and she was called Josie for short.....Small world huh....LOL
Grammy went by Jo to her nephews, I believe, and Josephine to everyone else including her husband. Very small world.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:56 PM

My MIL ,my children's grandmother is named Josephine and went by Jo.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Marcia
Happy Birthday and Happy Valentine's Day to you!!!! What a gorgeous machine!!!

I hope you are able to find a manual and any parts you need to get this beauty up and working for you. Miss Josie deserves to be loved again.

Welcome to the board!! I used to live in Leavenworth (1989-1990 and again 1992-1996) but I was a X-stitcher then and not a quilter. I did shop at Quilter's Quarters for fabric for other projects and I loved Peddler's Wagon in Parkville.
Marcia; I may have known you as a cross stitcher as that's what I did then also. I worked forever on a motorcycle for a buddy and then started a unicorn for hubby. That one's a UFO!! Small world and hoping you like Georgia. Where's your husband stationed - Ft Benning or Ft Stewart?
My husband is now retired and so we get to live in a "civilian community!" We are smack in the middle of GA (Forsyth) and loving it!!! Now my husband is a consultant and works part of his day at Ft MacPherson in Atlanta. (There is also Ft Gillem and Ft Gordon in GA---we love our Army posts here :-) )
Old 02-11-2010, 01:59 PM

You a got a real bargain and beautiful machine. And how thoughtful of your sweet hubby to get you something so thrilling. For years I would go get my own xmas, birthday, etc presents and my honey would just give me money....when got home I would wrap them very pretty and put on the card "To the one I love, from the one who loves you" or "to my sweet honey from your darling". Always brought smiles to my face when time to open them....lol
Old 02-13-2010, 03:09 PM

Lovely people on the board: Just an update. It is a double spool, which i knew, byut thought the bobbin spool cover had been lost. It is intact and was able to download a manual from neeedlebar.org. I'm so excited by this turn of events. Chris