View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 04:58 PM
bkay

Maybe just accept that now is the time to shop and dream. Later, maybe the actual quilting will take place. Cut yourself some slack. I'm of a similar age and do some of the same things. I actually finished only 2 quilts last year, both just lap quilts. However, I bought lots of fabric, read lots of blogs, did several "I spy" swaps and bought quilting books and magazines.

After I work all day, "kind of" clean the house, socialize some, cook some, do laundry, answer my email and all the other things life takes, I don't have a lot of energy left over.

However, I enjoy buying the fabric, etc. and plan on getting some quilting done when I get to retire. The chase and the plan brings me lots of pleasure, so I probably won't stop.

If you really want to get a quilt done, do it for someone else for an occasion. That's about all that gets me through to the end. The DH said a few weeks ago, "How old is that kid you're making the "I spy" quilt for?" which got me going to the finish. It still doesn't have a label, but I'm going to gift it without one if I don't have it figured out by the end of next week.

Bkay