Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Diary of a ~Mad Quilter~ >

Diary of a ~Mad Quilter~

Diary of a ~Mad Quilter~

Old 03-21-2017, 02:37 PM

I love this entire posting. Somehow I was born without a lot of mojo. It takes mountains to move me...on a good day.
Recently I overslept my quilting class - ? - I'm retired and have lots lots of time - and I am not used to oversleeping. Couldn't get up when I worked & now can't stay asleep --- except just that one time.

It distressed me so much to miss my class for such a dumb reason that I finally FINALLY! lined a workroom wall with flannel for my design wall...to spread out my first flimsy that's taking forever, so I could really see it. Then I put up a few blocks I'd been working on. Then I rearranged some furniture - my room is stuffed and as difficult as a Rubik's cube - and then to vacuum. The vacuum air then blew everything off my flannel wall -gave me such a good laugh.
I am now luxuriating in the non-thready, non-bitty-cottony floor & my new wall & have detected a little mojo creeping back like a slow tide (though it might be from my doo-wop CDs).
Old 03-23-2017, 06:12 AM

I am a little late to this party but have really enjoyed reading all of the posts. I do have a little bit of cautionary advice...don't assume you will automatically find your mojo once you are retired. It is so smart to start establishing quilty habits before you retire.
I retired in June of 2015. I'm still working on becoming more productive. One mistake I've made is that I've joined a bunch of knitting and sewing groups that I travel to. I hate to drag a machine so often I take handwork. I'm not getting much done. I think I need to gift myself more time at home to just be and create. Maybe I should cut back on my groups and alternate them.
Anyway, enough about me, thanks for starting this thread. It's given me a lot to consider!