Old 02-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Debra Mc

Originally Posted by Butterfli19
oh, you are all great, and hilarious! I've done a lot of thinking before and since I posted this, and decided I would be giving up much more than I think and getting much less in return.

The funny part is, after one thing after another going wrong, squirels in the attic, a new septic system, neighbors chopping down my beautiful trees, in Nov my dryer died. That did it. I wasn't going to put another cent into it. I put the house on the market. Well, by Jan 2 I was tired of the laundromat thing and bought a dryer. I LOVE my dryer! Always did but this one meant more after not having one. Then, I painted my daughter's room (pillow talk it's called, a whisper of pink) because she was going to move back in after a spat with the bf but they patched things up. So I started looking around and spackled a few things and took 2 truckloads of junk from my barn to the dump, got rid of some old stuff, and really looked at my house. You know, I love my house. There are things that need to be done that I can do, so I decided to go for it.

Yesterday I took it off the market. :D :D :D

I'm soooooooooo happy! I feel so excited! I'm surprised I haven't kissed the walls I feel so good about it. I've been here 12 years, the longest I've lived anywhere, and decided that I'm going to do whatever I need to to keep it pretty and me in it.

And to lacikat - thanks for the hair compliment!
And to mar32428 - I hope I am as fortunate!

Thank you all for the positives!
Good for you. Just a little face scrugging can do wonders for you. That old house wasn't that bad after all.