View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 01:13 PM
K-Roll

When we replaced our washer and dryer I wanted to get something really high end that would almost put the clothes back in the closet for me. My DH wanted to get something really low end that would almost put money back in his wallet. We both wanted large capacity-we agreed on that one thing. Our appliance dealer convinced us to go for Speed Queen, saying they make all the commercial laundromat equipment & thus are the reliable experts. So we did - just like my vintage sewing machines they're non-computerized, tremendous work horses.

My washer is top loader with an agitator. I prewash fabric & either clip the corners 1/4 to 1/2 inch or use a laundry bag or both. Oh, & when I prewashed my silk I sewed the yardage ends together like a tube. I know what I have pre-washed by the diagonal corners. I was going to prewash my precuts until reading comments on this board, so I don't wash them. I just bought a lot of second-hand fabric at a rummage sale and it all went into the wash to test or 'proof' it.