View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 09:20 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I also have an Innova so I can't speak of the machine but i can speak of the frame. I think the dealer is being overly optimistic on the size quilt you can do on those frames. As Gay mentioned you need room at the side of your frame for bobbin changes and to oil the bobbin race. You also need some room to put your side clamps on and test tension. I have a 10ft frame and I most definitely can NOT do a 106" wide quilt on it. My absolute maximum is 102" and I don't like going that wide because I don't have any room at the side to test tension, put on side clamps etc. And that is working from the front. It would be impossible to do a panto on a quilt that large. So I would say the dealers claim that you can do 88" wide quilts on the other frame is very suspicious. This makes me wonder what else are they stretching the truth on??

If you mostly do queen size quilts (which is also mostly what I do) don't get anything smaller than a 10 ft frame. If I had the room when I got my LA I would have gone with a 12 foot frame. But as it is the room I have just barely accommodates the 10 ft frame and leaves me room to walk all around it.