View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 07:21 AM
empress223

Originally Posted by empress223 View Post
For those of you who have the Dritz pvc frame, is the adjustment feature or mechanism the same on all four legs?

The space where I would like to use the frame is narrow, so I would want to use the frame with a narrower side in front of me. I am not worried about whether I can reach the whole thing; I can turn the frame or adjust the quilt in the frame.

The ads mention the back legs are adjustable for giving the frame a comfortable angle, but they also mention the front is adjustable for comfortable height. I don't know why you couldn't do identical adjustments on all four legs, but I want to be sure.

TIA.
I am updating this in case anyone has a similar question in the future. I posted my question with another group as well and a couple people commented that they used their Dritz pvc frame as I plan to.

They said each leg is adjustable so you can work from the narrower side and you can raise the other "side" (which would now be the back) so the frame tilts toward you as it does when used as designed with a wide side as the "front."

One person did remind me, though, to consider the bar that runs from each front leg to each back leg as part of the frame upport structure would be running right across the new "front." So that could affect how comfortable you are and whether you can pull the frame up close with your knees under it.

The frame is on sale right now and I have an additional 20% off my order, so with that and having it delivered for store pickup for free shipping, I decided to go for it. I priced the pipe and joints at Home Depot and Lowe's and going that route might save me $5-10 over my final sale price, but I am fine with that because my DIY version might not have as easily adjusting legs and would not have the specially-made clamps. AND now the time I would have spent at the hardware store and cutting the pipe (actually, having it cut at the store) can now be spent quilting on the new frame.