View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 12:23 AM
Feather3

Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Bernina.... exp format. I want tompurchase a design and download it to my usb stick... do i just pick design and then insert usb and drag to it?
To bring designs up in your computer you need an embroidery software program. Bernina has 2 different embroidery software programs. One is free. It is called ArtLink. It allows limited editing of designs. The other is expensive & allows you vast editing options. These programs also set up the design so your machine can read & stitch it out.

The free program you can download off Bernina's site: https://www.bernina.com/en-US/Produc.../ArtLink-Seven

I'll try to do this step by step for you:

1.Make a folder in your computer (either on desktop or in your "C" drive) to download purchased or free designs. You can have many folders within that folder. Name your folder.

2. When you are ready to download the pruchased or free design, locate the folder you made & save the design(s) to it. Choose unzipped if possible.

3.Open your embroidery program. Click the folder icon at top left & locate the file. Highlight the design & click open.

4. Do whatever editing you want, then save the changes......

5. To save an edited design click "file" at top left, click save as, rename your design & save it back to the same folder or a different folder for edited designs. I do it this way to keep the original design.

6. To load a design onto a USB stick, that your machine can read for stitch out....open your embroidery program, then click the folder icon at top left, locate the design, open the design in your embroidery program & then click file at top left, click save as (a window opens), save as type, then choose USB (EXP), then click save. The design is now on your USB stick & can be read by your machine.