View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 02:40 PM
Feather3

Originally Posted by Marsh View Post
I don't know what is wrong with me, but I can't cook a decent pork chop anymore. They all turn out tough. Do any of you have a way to cook chops that will be tender? Thanks in advance for any answers. Marcia
I haven't fried a pork chop in almost 30 years. I use a coating called "Oven Fry" for pork. The box is green. You can find it next to the Shake & Bake, usually same aisle as flour/sugar/etc. Takes 20-25 minutes in the oven (400 degrees). Thicker chops I do 25 minutes, do not flip during baking. Wet the chops with water, pour coating into a plastic bag, coat 1 chop at a time pressing it on until well coated on all sides, place on sprayed baking sheet & bake. Simple.

I also roast a veggie, on a different baking sheet/foil lined (drizzle a little olive oil/Salt/Pepper), at the same time. Chunked whatever veggie you like....sweet potatoes/peeled optional, cauliflower, asparagus, broccoli, etc. Roll veggies over at 15 minutes & continue to bake another 10 minutes or until tender. They will have browned areas.

If you don't want to use "Oven Fry" you can use seasoned bread crumbs. Either one seals in the moisture making them juicy & tender.