Thread: 1887 domestic
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 04:07 AM
jlamere

Thank you all so much for the information. I went out last night to turn the wheel and it will only move half way up. The bobbin case is in the back and it will only move to the needle area. I am guessing when I get it cleaned and oiled it will work ok. I also have my great grandmas sewing machine from the other side of the family!! I have had it a while and it is in bad shape and pretty rusty. I will post photos of it sometime. I am super happy about getting this!! I have done a little research on the dates of My Great grandmas birth and death...She was born in 1873, so, I am wondering if this was actually bought by her mom!! I am not sure if she would have been able to buy it when she was that young or not. Also, what is the money value on this? It will never be sold, but just curious. Thanks so much for all your help! You are all very kind! I could hardly sleep last night knowing I have that machine! My family were farmers. I have one photo of my great grandpa, ggrandma avoided the cameras. I am going on thursday to get what a second cousin thinks is the only photo of her. Thanks again!