Thread: 1887 domestic
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 06:29 PM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by jlamere View Post
You won't believe this!! I have found the original instruction booklet and it was written in German and English. It had a stamp of the store and address of where it was purchased. I looked it up and the store was open for only 2 years. 1890-1891 My great grandma was not married until about 1904. So this was her mothers sewing machine. I am so excited to have all of this! I printed off the information I found about the store and will keep it all with the machine. Pretty awesome...I hoped to find a receipt, but didn't.
Wow - Awesome - Fantastic So very nice to find that Excellent idea to keep info with the machine. Do scan document, too.

Can you get the shuttle out? Just be patient.... I know how hard that is. It looks like you are right that the needle shouldn't move when the nut is undone. It will probably need some more oiling, cleaning, oiling, patience, cleaning, oiling, patience, oiling.... you get the idea. As someone once told me, "it took a really long time to get it in the condition it is in, it will take some time to get it back to how it was supposed to be."

I'm really happy for you to be able to find the information you have and especially since it is a really wonderful heirloom.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-26-2018 at 07:58 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps