Old 04-18-2017, 03:12 AM
Feather3

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Check the video. And read machine embroidery posts at different embroidery groups at Facebook. Too many groups to list. The spray stiffens fabric. So far I have only tried cotton fabric. I spray it on like starch. No soaking but I do let it seep in the fabric before ironing like starch. The bowl will keep over spray contained and easier to get the piece covered with the spray. I hoop the fabric like normal. I don't know what you mean by cutting the pattern out before embroidering.
I'm going to make shirts. Spaghetti strap & tank top style from t-shirt knits. The embroidery will be done on the center/upper front of the shirts. So you'd need to have enough fabric to hoop. I'm guessing you'd have to stiffen the fabric, do the embroidery then cut out the shirt front.

Shirts I've done up to now.... I ironed on a stabilizer & had to trim & let some of it in. Not happy with that feel. I have purchased t-shirts with embroidery & they didn't use any stabilizer.

I did some research & saw that it is supposed to be good for knits. Saw they did embroidery on baby shirts, etc using the Terial Magic. I would still use a wash away stabilizer on top of my fabric to keep the stitches from sinking into the knit fabric.

I'm headed to my Bernina dealer today & if they have it I'll get some & try it.