Old 04-18-2017, 11:02 AM
Feather3

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Being new to embroidery I don't understand cutting out the pattern or shirt part. I hooped the part of the shirt I wanted to embroider on. DD wanted a design on a shirt pocket. I said fine but you won't be able to open the pocket. I'm not going to that much trouble to put a flower on a shirt. I stiffened the shirt pocket part, put in hoop, used variegated thread and done in 2 min. My machine is not a fancy one. It is a Brother 8500 D.

I'm surprised many don't know about the spray. I've seen guild members use it for their embroidery for some years now. Some members use it for the Scan and Cut machines to make the fabric stiff for cutting. One member said her DD uses it to shape elaborate hair do for wigs for her theater group.
I'm making spaghetti strap summer tops....so the design will be towards the top front/neckline of the shirt. Not enough fabric there to hoop. I'll just stiffen a piece of fabric, do the embroidery & then cut out the front of the shirt.

I saw this product used to make fabric bowls, but had no idea it was also being used on shirts for embroidery.

A lot of us don't belong to Guilds. I don't. My dealer is 50 miles away & they do mostly quilting & crafts. I do more garment sewing than quilting, so I don't go to any classes, etc.

I bought some Terial Magic today. As soon as I get time I'm going to give this a try & see how it works.