View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 04:57 AM
carol45

Default Quilting problem - t-shirt quilt

I'm making a t-shirt quilt. I sandwiched it using Elmer's glue, and I'm quilting a square grid of straight stitches every 4 inches. Everything was going fine until I went over a section of a t-shirt that had a rubbery logo. It seems that the walking foot did not move smoothly over the shirt, but dragged it a bit, so things bunched up. I need to pull out those stitches, but I would like advice as to how to requilt it in those areas (there are a few other rubbery logos). Here are some options that I'm considering:
1. I have a teflon foot that I could try, but I'm worried about it not being a walking foot.
2. I might be able to quilt it from the back, but I'm afraid that the rubbery surface would stick to my sewing machine table--I used to have a supreme slider, but it never worked well for me--I'd end up sewing it into my quilt :-(--maybe parchment paper underneath?
3. Or maybe I could put some washable stabilizer on top of the surface and sew over it.
I'd really appreciate any other suggestions, or which you think of the above I should try first.
Thanks,
Carol
Attached Thumbnails img_20170430_084452536.jpg