View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 02:06 PM
MarionsQuilts

Default Lessons Learned LOL

It is a very rainy day today, and really cold - the perfect weather for quilting!

I don't really have a lot of "matching" fabric left over so I went to Walmart and bought some really pretty greens / blues and 2 yards of white. My plan? Drunkard's path.

It's been fun LOL

I learned that when you trace over the circle with a quilting pen and then cut out the circle (leaving some around it to go on the interfacing) that when you iron the fabric to the interfacing the marking lines go away.

So after doing 36 circles and then ironing them I had to retrace all the circles and then cut them out.

NEXT TIME: I will iron the fabric right onto the interfacing and not have to worry about getting glue on my iron, and losing my lines!

The white fabric? Well, it's too thin ... (yes, I know, it's from walmart, I should know better!) So you can see the blues / greens fabric beneath the white fabric.

NEXT TIME: either buy good white cotton, or don't do white!

I'm not going to toss it, since it's pretty, and I will finish it, but I've learned some fun things doing this pattern!

Here's what I have so far (I count that as four blocks, and it will be 9 in total)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572335[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1497.jpg