View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 12:45 PM
mpspeedy

I will admit that I have more fabric than I will ever use up. I am making an effort to use all of it but keep buying more. Just last year I gathered up at least 5 containers, boxes and plastic tubs full of " garment sewing" fabric and donated it to our local Vo Tech for their textile program. I have three step-children whoose children have reached an age when they no longer want Grandmom's homemade things. My only daughter has yet to produce any grandchildren. If she ever does I have an excuse to purchase more fabric at that time. I make at least a dozen or more Linus quilts each month so that gives me an outlet and an excuse to purchase more fabric. My stash is fairly organized and protected in containers. I still have a little room left for more. I am also guilty of collecting decorative threads, embroidery thread and serger thread as well as sewing thread. I do use all of them on my various projects. Of course I have a wide array of various embroidery stabilizers also. My goodies are confined to spaces that we don't need for living so I think I am still OK.