Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
when does your stash become hoarding >

when does your stash become hoarding

when does your stash become hoarding

Old 02-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Just so everybody knows I have gone back to WM several times hoping to run into the lady who has the extremely large stash but I haven't seen her yet. I am extremely curious as what she does with all of the fabric. I am dumbfounded by the whole thing.
I also want to thank each and everyone of you that have posted on this thread. I have read every comment. You all are such interesting ppl. Thank You Carrie
Old 02-16-2010, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by mrs. fitz
I went back and looked at the picture and sure enough, I used to have one when I made a lot of my clothing. I think it was a large portable surface for laying out and pinning fabric and patterns which folded into nothing when not in use. I think (think being the key word) pattern pieces could be lined up accurately for placement of darts, etc. by using the marked lines.
I agree; it looks like a portable area for cutting out patterns. I used one for years when sewing. I either used it on top of my dining table to protect the surface or on the carpet so I wouldn't cut the fibers and/or pin the pattern to the carpet.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:51 AM
Google Goddess

Hi,

If you have clothes to get rid of please take them to nursing homes as those people really appreciate it. I took 6 bags of clothes, purses, shoes, shavers, hair dryers to them and the manager of the nursing home said wow, wish more people would donate to them.

She also sent me a thank you note! I have some more things to take to them! Cleaning out the closet for spring cleaning!

Karen
Originally Posted by Barbm
after reading this I realize I am not a hoarder but I have a lot of fabric and it's time to let some go. I have boxes to mail to my 2 DDs- I use fabric as "bubble wrap". They will love it- they are both new to sewing and don't have a lot of stash.

And I guess I will take the 4 bags of clothes to Salvation Army tomorrow- then I won't be "hoarderlike" in my formal living room. :)