Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
when does your stash become hoarding >

when does your stash become hoarding

when does your stash become hoarding

Old 02-08-2010, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by dljennings
i work for a trucking company, and we have one trailer @ my terminal that is heated (could be cooled) it runs thru 4-8 gal of diesel per 24 hrs diesel is averaging 3.00 a gallon, so that is $12.00 to $24.00 PER DAY for climate control.. and how is she getting up into the trailers...they are 48" high from the ground......
i wish i had $84.00-168.00 a week i didn't know what do do with!!!
If the trailers are staying put, a small electric unit would be cheaper. Ramps and pre-cast fiberglass stairs are not that pricey. I see nothing wrong with it. I would rather have nice neighbors who collect fabric than the pit bull collectors with loud rap music that I have. Kinda makes you wonder what your neighbors say about you behind your back.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:51 AM

I'm wondering if all in the trailer was material. There could have been other things, because hoarders usually don't just collect one thing. I could be wrong and she has quite a bit of stash and I'm very jealous in away. Material changes so fast and if you don't get it while it is out then it's gone and you are out of luck. Maybe she collects some of all the styles of material designs and depending on how long she's been doing this, well. I know that I was thinking this morning that I have a lot of stash and I'm not sure how I will be able to use it all. I know there is a way but it made me plenty tired thinking about it. LOL Beth
Old 02-14-2010, 05:49 AM

Shaverg, what do you use that large folded cardboard measuring form for that's in your closet. I have one that I bought at a yard sale years ago and have never used. I just yesterday put it in the good will box. Tell me quick before it's gone and I can't retrieve it.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by dusty222
Shaverg, what do you use that large folded cardboard measuring form for that's in your closet. I have one that I bought at a yard sale years ago and have never used. I just yesterday put it in the good will box. Tell me quick before it's gone and I can't retrieve it.
I can't tell you waht it is for but I do have 1 myself. Wonder if anyone can answer this. You should have posted this thread in general chit chat you would get ananswer more quickly.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:25 AM

what does it look like do you have a picture?
Old 02-14-2010, 09:18 AM

I went back and looked at the picture and sure enough, I used to have one when I made a lot of my clothing. I think it was a large portable surface for laying out and pinning fabric and patterns which folded into nothing when not in use. I think (think being the key word) pattern pieces could be lined up accurately for placement of darts, etc. by using the marked lines.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:54 AM

I admit to NOTHING! <wave>
Old 02-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Power Poster

We helped my MIL move and she had 30 years of crap in her house. Moving needed to be done in two days and she wanted to make a decision on every piece of crap whether it was moving or garbage. I ended up giving her a chore and started directing traffic. The 3-car garage is stacked so full of crap that there is no room for a car. She has a storage unit for the other crap. When she couldn't move around in that unit, her hubby (Saint Walt) got a larger storage unit and built shelves to put the crap up. (Did I mention she has a lot of crap?) Then she complains that she has no money. She doesn't realize there are over $60 a month she is tossing out the window.

She is a crocheter and she ends up buying new yarn - even though she has bags and bags of yarn in the storage area. She is not open to any discussion about it so we leave her be.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
We helped my MIL move and she had 30 years of crap in her house. Moving needed to be done in two days and she wanted to make a decision on every piece of crap whether it was moving or garbage. I ended up giving her a chore and started directing traffic. The 3-car garage is stacked so full of crap that there is no room for a car. She has a storage unit for the other crap. When she couldn't move around in that unit, her hubby (Saint Walt) got a larger storage unit and built shelves to put the crap up. (Did I mention she has a lot of crap?) Then she complains that she has no money. She doesn't realize there are over $60 a month she is tossing out the window.

She is a crocheter and she ends up buying new yarn - even though she has bags and bags of yarn in the storage area. She is not open to any discussion about it so we leave her be.
Bless you heart <g> ... my youngest daughter told me one time that she could hardly wait for me to die so she could burn all my crap ... LOL ... oldest daughter said: no you won't! I was here while she was acquiring some of this stuff and there is some good stuff in there.
Thankfully, I won't be here to worry about it! LOL
It took me a long time to come to terms with the word "hoarder", even harder to connect that word with "greedy" ... but, there you have it.
At least when you need yarn, you know where to go, eh? <g><wave>
Old 02-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Google Goddess

Hi,

Wow Corky I love your magazine holders, so cool, job well done. We don't have Ikea around here, never heard of that store. How many Fons and Porters magazines can you get in one of those holders?

Karen