View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 06:05 PM
letawellman

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
grammasharon...sounds like you are a big winner with your restraint!

Hey maybe we should have a contest on who can go the longest without buying....and the prize? Fabric from the losers!
Well, the "go longest without buying" is interesting... hmmm, who HAS gone the longest? Speak up, y'all, inquiring minds want to know!

Sorry I've been incommunicado for awhile... got really busy with several customer quilts, then my work contract got cancelled, so I was job hunting, then found another contract job, then was told today that one cancelled as well. So, it's back to the job hunting again for me.

With all that's been going on, I haven't had time (nor money) to buy fabric. I've been really, really good, deleting all the sales emails that come my way. In the meantime, I've been using up my stash and/or finishing UFO's. I just took one off the frame, and will post pics when I get it bound (binded?)

As far as fabric purchases, with the exception of buying two bolts of extra-wide backing fabric at Foust Textiles back in February, I haven't bought anything this year. Nothing. No patterns, no tools, no books, no sewing machines, no kits (although the 50% off sale at Craftsy was a HUGE temptation).

We planted our garden right after Easter - and everything is just growing like crazy!! Peas (2 rows), beans (3 rows), okra (2 rows), corn (5 rows), peppers (about 50 plants), tomatoes (about 100 plants), squash, watermelon, and cucumbers. The cucumbers are about the only things not doing so well.
When I got home from work (or should I say, losing my job again), I was so upset. Hubby took me out to the garden, and pointed out the rows that needed thinning (we sowed really heavy b/c some of the seeds were several years old). It's really therapeutic when you thin out veggie plants and pretend they are a particular person's body parts. :O

Well, thanks for letting me ramble on... have ya missed me?