View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 04:08 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Good morning, ladies! Sorry I've been away for so long. Life has a way of intruding on my quilting time! One huge change for me has been a diabetes diagnosis. Frankly, I'm not too surprised since my mother had it at about my age and, sad to say, the pounds have been creeping up on me. My doctor was no help at all aside from saying gastric sleeve surgery would be good. (Isn't that the normal way to deal with diabetes?) So my husband and I have both started a ketogenic program and will travel from New York to Durham, NC to visit a doctor at Duke University.

Since it's my birthday month ... and there's an exemption, isn't there? -- any good fabric shops in Durham?

Now, onto the good stuff.

PaperPrincess, I love, love, love those little quilts. So sweet!

Martina, I'm so sorry about your pup. A devastating loss for those of us who have furbaby companions.

Leta, I hope things improve for you. Finances are always such a tough trial to sort out. Prayers for you!

Retirement. My husband retired at the end of the year. It was an adjustment having him around the house, but we've worked it out. The Dave Ramsey program of budgeting really helps a lot. Except we don't use it. Ha! I was an avid couponer and generally got our groceries at 70% off or less. My deep freeze is full and my pantry is bursting, however, most of it is going to the church pantry because I can't eat it and control diabetes and lose weight. We are fortunate that my husband had a municipal job and they offered a nice retirement buyout. Nonetheless, being frugal is a way of life for many. Husbands cooking? Hahahaha! Not in this lifetime. BUT he does do the dishes and I appreciate that a lot. And he folds the laundry.

Now, quilting from my stash. You'll remember (maybe) that I made 25 quilts for the NICU at a local hospital. Never got a thank you note for tax purposes until they came asking through my friend for a crib sized one for a raffle. I told her, send the the note and then I'll start quilting. Note came but I was so annoyed (not nice, I know) that I was determined to sew from my stash. So ... here it is. A pennant quilt with almost no quilting. Maybe I'll get a thank you this time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573305[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mercy-hospital-quilt-smaller.jpg