Old 05-20-2017, 12:23 PM
ctyankee

Hi, ladies! I have a dilemma & I need your help!

Hubby & I are in the process of downsizing & planning our move for when we retire in March. As quilters, I think you can probably understand the state of my quilt room & the amount of fabric etc that I have accumulated since that first quilt I made in 1980. As a result, I haven't been able to participate, since my best fabrics have already been "packed" -- sort of, but I originally thought I'd be able to pull fabrics out & whip up a mug rug or 2 each month. Yeah, right. Well, that hasn't happened, because I apparently need access to all my fabric so that it talks to me & let's me know what to make out of it. Anyway, I'm still getting rid of stuff -- not just fabric, but furniture etc., for the big move to Ireland next March. This brings me to my current problem.

Which is -- would anyone want to take over this swap either temporarily or permanently? Beginning right now, I mean. I don't feel that I'm giving the swap the attention it deserves & not participating is difficult for me, because of course I love mug rugs! On the other hand, maybe the swap has run its course. We don't have the numbers now that we had when I first took over. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions? I always (usually) run the new swap on the 20th of every month, so this is the day. But the month ran away from me, & here I am -- on the 20th asking if someone would do the swap for June by posting a new swap, or if everyone would like to take the summer off & we could start back up in the fall, or someone could just run with it on a permanent basis. Please let me know what you think, because I just can't do this any more. Thanks in advance! (You don't know how difficult it is to actually give this up, but once I'm in Ireland I may be able to continue, unless we have a permanent hostess.)