View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 08:29 PM
tigger5464

I am so ready for spring and nice warm sunny days. Here we have had Ice....sleet...snow...and rain...I'm really tired of all of it. I am sorry that you got so much at one time and hope that you and yours are safe and warm.

I can remember when I was pregnant with our first...Nasty snow storm the evening that I went into labor and DH said that we would wait till morning to go to the hospital. (Son wasn't born till that afternoon or DH might have been in some pain also) Almost went into the ditch several times just getting to the hospital because there was so much snow on the roads and slick where they were clear. :(

Sort of reminds me of snow that we had in the winter of 1978-79. There was so much snow that the national guard had to come clear a one lane path through on the gravel roads for the county just so people could get out. The snow was so deep that my Dad who was 5' 11" tall stood with his arm stretched above him and the snow drift was still a good foot above his finger tips . I hope to never see snow like that around here again