View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 04:21 AM
Mitty

Originally Posted by Jennifer23 View Post
When people ask "Is this noticeable", I'm honest with them. I say it isn't if I feel it isn't. If your underwear is on backwards, I might not notice, either... In the quilting situation, they aren't asking if they notice, they're asking if I do.

When we are working on a quilt, we see every stitch being formed, and look at every square inch of it in the way no other sane person will. I don't believe in encouraging people to obsess over things that won't actually matter in the long run. Now, if the flaw matters (either artistically or structurally) I will encourage them to fix it, but I think most of the time we need to forgive ourselves the small mistakes and move on.
This is what I was going to say, but Jennifer23 has already said it very well.

There have been a couple of times when someone has been asking if something is noticeable, and even knowing it's there I haven't been able to find the mistake in the picture.

I do agree with the general point that if something is going to bother someone, then they should redo it, but when people know this, they probably aren't asking about it on the forum.