Old 05-29-2017, 03:13 AM
Gerbie

Go to You Tube and check out Missouri Star Quilts "Quilt as you go any block" and watch Jenny's tutorial and her method of quilt as you go. I just viewed Jenny's tutorial and think I will try it. I have used always used Sharon Pederson's reversible quilt methods in the past and am using her method currently for my son's picture memory quilt. SP' method requires separate sashing cut for the back and the front for each block, plus hand stitching the front sashing on every block and every row across. I still have to do my daughter's picture memory quilt and I think I will try Jenny's method, saves a lot of extra sewing of the sashing. **An important tip to remember when sewing the sashing down be sure you fold the sashing on each block and each row all going in the same direction if you use SP's method otherwise your sashing on the blocks will not line up, and will be staggered and off center.I does give you a different pattern if you ha every other sashing block folded in opposite directions.** I'm anxious to try Jenny's method, Jenny's seems to be like the one that uses the $22.00 ruler set in the Junction fabric shop video listed on this thread posting by mandy rose