Old 05-29-2017, 10:52 AM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by Kathy T. View Post
The Friends of the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation would gladly accept your adult-size quilts:
https://friendsofpineridgereservatio.../donate-goods/
The need is great and they accept all sizes. You can specify that your quilts go to an *elder*. They also have a need for quilts for adult women that are in shelters due to abuse. They would be pleased if you would consider them. And, just a suggestion, florals are great for teen girls, too!
Many years ago. My oldest daughter and I lived at a women's shelter for the normal reason, and when I arrived, I was given a quilt made by a volunteer. I remember how much that quilt helped me pull myself together, knowing some stranger cared enough to work so hard and just give it away to comfort a stranger (me) and that quilt gave birth to my life long volunteerism. Because of that quilt, I raised my daughters to be giving people too. You just never know what effect a donated quilt will have. Some person I will never know, changed my life, and created three more 'givers' with her/his gift. Bless you all for your giving heart.
Also, check with your local police or fire department. Some of them have raffles and drawings as fundraisers for community projects. Our local police department has a community group that has given helmets to kids for bikes, bikes to kids and disabled adults. They also recently funded a skate park for our community youth. The fire departments host class field trips for the kids, and each child gets a little badge, or plastic helmets, and raffles help fund these things. Quilts for these things could use up an awful lot of floral fabric. (Also libraries have raffle fund raisers to buy new books, check with them too.)