View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 07:34 PM
JENNR8R

Default Do You Think This Fad Will Catch On?

Recently I've been trying to learn how to sew garments. In Intermediate School I was forced to take Home Economics instead of Shop. I had no clue how to sew a dress together and had to ask the teacher for instructions at each step. When the dress was finished, it was sewn inside out. I wore it a few times anyway but decided sewing was not for me! Fast forward 50 years, and I thought I'd give it another try.

I had the bright idea to piece some leftover fabric together to make some pants. One problem was that the pieced fabric only fit the pattern on the front around the knee and not the back where it wouldn't be so noticeable. I sewed a contrasting fabric strip on to hide the seam to solve that problem.

Then... not knowing how to lay the pattern on the fabric correctly before cutting, I managed to cut one leg inside out and the other leg right side out. There was no more fabric to correct it so I sewed it together anyway for the practice. I guess some things never change. Who knows, maybe I've started a new fad! I think I'm going call them my designer pants.
Attached Thumbnails new-fad-06-05-17.jpg