View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 05:36 AM
DonnaC

I was wondering what to have for supper tonight... I think it's going to be that apple omelet! Sounds utterly fascinating.

I'm also dieting and I live alone, so I feel your pain about meals. Lots of the time I have cereal for supper too! I do have another omelet recipe that I love, that most people think is weird. It actually came out of one of my WW handbooks. Very easy - cook a little bit of whole wheat spaghetti (I think the measurement I use is 2 ounces). Chop it up into little pieces. Beat up your egg(s) and add the spaghetti pieces and some chopped grape tomatoes or whatever other veggie you have on hand. Cook it up like any other omelet. Voila! Very filling and low in points if you're a WW.

Another thing I love to make is spaghetti squash. I cook one on the weekend and keep in the fridge for the rest of the week. I have two favorite ways to eat it. First way is to simply heat up the spaghetti squash with some seasonings, and put a poached egg on top. When you cut into the egg, the yolk infuses the squash and gives it an awesome flavor. Another way is to put the spaghetti squash into a microwavable container and add one wedge of "Laughing Cow Light" cheese. Microwave until the cheese softens up and mix it in... it's like mac & cheese only much more healthy!