Old 06-14-2017, 05:38 AM
Macybaby

thanks for posting the link to the pictures, I thought I had them posted somewhere . . .

I personally gained a lot of confidence about piecing doing this quilt top. It was a lot of work but in the end I'm glad I did it as now very little "freaks me out" when I look at pictures and consider if I could do it. And after all those 3" blocks, anything that is using 2" or larger pieces seems very easy to work with.

I did start modifying some of the methods as I got more comfortable and found what I preferred (don't like covered corner method) and found I preferred to use my "easy angle" and "companion angle" rulers when I could, instead of the methods shown. My piecing experience level was pretty low when I started, and I feel it improved significantly.

I didn't worry a lot of perfection as I considered this a skill building challenge. And the way things go together, it does not matter if you've got cut off points or stuff like that, as you won't notice them in the end result. It might be a lot harder for someone jumping in at the middle since they blocks do start off simple and work up to more complicated piecing. I found that by the time I got to a block that looked scary, I'd already done enough similar, simpler ones that I felt I could tackle it.