View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 07:03 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
I honestly think with out sashing. the white is the background and they will float beautifully.
I agree the floating look would be best ..... which to me means, a white sashing would be in order!
Otherwise, the points on each block will be meeting up, and you somewhat lose the float.

With a white sashing, I would use a SIAS for a cornerstone, so that the centre square would be set on point and the outside would be in the same white. Because of the assortment of fabric choices for the main blocks, I would consider whether to use the same scheme of the SIAS centres or to pick one and use it for each of the centres.

Likewise, I would finish with the same outside sashing for the blocks, before deciding on how to finish it up with borders, or not, or what type!

If you are really wanting to use the black sashing (or any other colour), you will have the same effect with the points touching against the black. I would still prefer a white border first, in order to let those blocks float within the black.

Of course, all are IMHO ........... what you have looks great! I really like the warmth of the scrappy colours on the crisp white background.