View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 04:35 AM
tropit

Originally Posted by OnTheGo View Post
My 'go to' quick meal, esp. when traveling as a diabetic, is peanut butter, oatmeal and a piece of fruit. I sometimes heat water in the hotel room coffeemaker and pour it over a few spoonsful of oatmeal or sometimes just dip a spoonful of peanut butter into the uncooked oatmeal and eat it that way. It supplies protein, fat and carbs with a good amt of fiber. It's handy for a quick meal at home. Another easy, but nutritious meal is a pot of soup....and that will last several days. Use lots of vegetables and season with herbs and spices....I usually sprinkle into my cup, turmeric, ground ginger, curry powder, etc. and pour hot soup over it. Yesterday, I found this jar of crunchy peanut butter with flax and chia seeds. It's very good.
Great idea! My husband will go in the fridge. grab the peanut butter and eat spoonfuls of it straight out of the jar. We're always running out of peanut butter in our house. He'd love the idea that he could make a real meal out of it by adding some oatmeal (or granola for non-diabetics) and slice a banana into it.

~ C