View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 03:53 PM
kch1983

I had three machines - a Singer 401a and a Husqvarna 6010, both of which I owned since the early 70's and a new to me Singer 28K - when I watched a British program called Renovation Man. Among the many changes that were made to the original building was an entry wall painted a very bright yellow. The saving factor were all the beautiful antique / vintage sewing machines displayed on this wall. I saw that and I thought "See, I can buy lots of vintage machines and use them as both sewing machines and decorations!"

That was 4 sewing machines ago (I now own seven!) and I'm trying to figure out how to display them. I have a wall in mind and might be able to salvage an old treadle (alas, no machine) as part of the display. I think I would only use my four black vintage beauties (3 of them hand crank). I'm pretty sure floating shelves won't work.

Now I need to get towork on the treadle.

Oh, the inspiration behind my madness? I'll try to upload a terrible photo (absolutely wrong angle) that was the only one I could find. I need to change the format.

Karen
Vancouver Island

Last edited by kch1983; 07-02-2017 at 03:59 PM.