View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 06:32 PM
NatalieF

Default easy binding folding

For the life of me, I can't recall where I saw this tip, otherwise I would give credit where credit is due.

I've found an easy peasy way to fold binding without a bias tape maker.

Use two pins and thread them through your ironing board leaving an opening that is the width that you want your finished tape to be. (it's a bit easier to thread them through if they are slightly bent. Just leave 4 to 5" between the two. Too far apart and your fabric wants to pop open again before it hits the second pin)

My fabric is double whatever width I want the tape, as it's going to be folded. I thread the fabric through the pins. I have to finagle it just a little bit at times to get the fabric folded the correct way to begin, but that's it. As you thread your fabric through, just make sure you keep it centered and it will virtually fold itself. Just iron as you go. Make sure you don't iron the plastic heads of your pins! It works for single fold and double fold. I can fold and iron a bunch of fabric in very little time.

first pic are the pins. 2nd pic, single fold. 3rd pic, double fold. I hope this helps someone. Hopefully I can do a video soon, so it's clearer.
Attached Thumbnails fold1.jpg   fold2.jpg   fold3.jpg  

Last edited by NatalieF; 07-02-2017 at 06:34 PM.