View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 06:57 AM
Sewnoma

I'm in a de-cluttering phase right now, after being in a packrat phase for my entire life. DH is similarly packratish, so it's been a challenge for both of us.

I knew things had to change when there was a big fire locally and I felt almost a little bit of envy for people whose homes burnt down, because they got to start fresh! Obviously that's foolish, but the fact that I entertained that thought for even a moment made me realize it was time to seriously purge a whole lot of "stuff".

Then we decided we'd move to another state, maybe as soon as a year or so from now. We intend to get rid of about 3/4ths of our belongings before we move! It's an ambitious goal but I think we can do it. We've already had the local charity shop send TWO trucks to haul stuff away! To be fair, about half of one load was large appliances after a kitchen remodel. But the rest was furniture and boxes of stuff and sacks of clothes!

Fabric and sewing supplies are NOT on the 'to be culled' list, however. I had to draw the line somewhere!