Old 07-03-2017, 07:23 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Default learned a couple things about my Accuquilt at the KCRegional Quilt Fest

Talking to a vendor selling Accuquilts at the KC Regional Quilt Fest she gave me a couple of suggestions on how to save some $$ on mats that sounded pretty darn good!

First, she had one of those cutting mat cleaners--the round ones with a handle on top--that you see in catalogs like Nancy's Notions or Annies. She would run it over her mats several times to smooth out those cut lines that develop after repeated use (which is a big problem for me on the longer strip dies).

Second suggestion was to take the long strip mats that have developed splits from repeated usage and actually cut along the split. then she said you can use it on that die that has the 1", 1.5", and 2" die for just the actual cut you are wanting, without having to manipulate your fabric for just the one size. She also said you can use it on the 2.5" die when you aren't wanting 3 strips cut of a particular fabric.

So glad to find a way to reduce the cost of using my Accuquilt since the mats are what keeps costing, thought you might like these ideas too.