View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 08:34 PM
madamekelly

Default May I have your opinions please?

For years I have suffered with either "driver's arm" or "passenger's arm". You who tend to sunburn will know what I am talking about. No matter which arm it is, if you are on a car trip of any length, the arm facing the window always gets either a bad sunburn, or it tans much more than the other side. After a trip through the Mohave Desert in August one year and a severe sun burn I will never forget, I decided I had to do something about the problem. At first I just carried a hand towel to lay over my arm, and that did work pretty good until the day I dozed off and it blew out the window without the driver noticing. I tried leaving a "hoodie" on the back of the seat, for when needed until the beginning of summer this year, when I reached for it and got a face full of road dust. (Bleah!)
Today I sat down to design the answer. This first one is made of some prequilted fabric scraps I had (and a couple appliqués to satisfy my quilter's heart), I might just sell the pattern, but if I decide to sell the design, I will use a lighter weight, UV resistant fabric for comfort. What do you think? I made it one size fits all. It fits nice and loose, but allows for air circulation. It is also easy on, easy off with hook and loop tape.

I now present "The Car Sleeve".
Do you think there would be any interest?
Attached Thumbnails img_0031.jpg  

Last edited by madamekelly; 07-05-2017 at 08:39 PM.