Old 07-11-2017, 04:37 AM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

I don't use paprika but my brother does. I don't know if you use Facebook but there is an Instant Pot Group that shares recipes and tips. Some websites with tried and true recipes are thisoldgal and hippressure cooking. I've had my first pot since December and the second one shortly thereafter. The consensus among users is the water test is just 3 cups otherwise takes too long. Since you already understand pressure cooking you are several steps ahead. Important considerations are that you need thin liquid to come to pressure. Tomato products tend to scorch and shut the pot off. Anything burnt on the bottom will shut it off. Cream soups alone as liquid not good. Pot in pot recipes work better if you wish to use them. I've made beans multiple times. Since everyone's meal likes and dislikes are different I suggest googling "instant pot recipe (and what you want to cook)". Like "instant pot recipes pot roast". Then you can look for ingredients you like and if it comes from a website that seems like it has been tested and look for common cook times. Some recipes have unrealistic cook times in either direction. Pinterest recipes have a reported generally lower rate of success on the site. You may have different results. I love my pots. I use one or both most days. Good luck and report back!!