View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 12:02 PM
Jennifer23

Originally Posted by patsan View Post
I was planning on buying and sort of had my heart set on the HQ Fusion, but I wouldn't be able to fit the 12' frame into my house anywhere. The frame that comes with it cannot be broken down to a smaller size. So it was either nothing or go with the Avante. I will make the frame 8' in size. It's the only way I'd be able to get a true long arm.
A few months ago I had purchased a Sweet Sixteen from my daughter's LQS and quilted 2 throw size quilts (besides practicing). While it was night and day difference from my regular Brother machine, I had too much trouble moving the fabric. I really wanted a long arm and the software to make all the beautiful quilting designs.
It should be delivered next Wednesday. I'm very excited. Now I will still need to swap rooms in my house and move a bunch of furniture around.
Oh, wow... congratulations on your longarm! I came into this thread to say I'm envious, and then I read the bit highlighted above, and now I'm extra jealous. I really need a family member to open an LQS, especially if they're willing to do it somewhere close to me. I think you're a very lucky lady!