Old 07-12-2017, 12:10 PM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

Yes, Prism, it isn't Instant! Many of us regular posters on the Facebook site want it to be called the Magic Pot! But, you are right about setting up a meal, cleaning up, and going back to doing something else and voila! dinner is ready!! Many users say the slow cook isn't like a crock pot. Only heats from the bottom and you have to be sure it is set on "more", not "normal". I haven't used that function yet. My kitchen is big enough to allow me the keep the crockpots and use them when I want. But since I got the Instant Pots I haven't. I use the recipes as a guide, as in, I don't like cilantro, so leave that out, want less salt/more pepper, etc. and then cook as indicated first time and make notes if it needs more or less time. Some things aren't that fussy, like corn on the cob. Rice has many different proportions and there is always the discussion on rinsing vs. not rinsing. Sort of like quilters prewashing and not. I am not a fabric prewasher and I don't rinse rice. Never have. And then there is the issue of chicken. Some recipes call for chicken and BBQ sauce. Works great if the chicken has a lot of "solution" injected. The once I tried that without any extra liquid it burned and turned off. Turns out the chicken I was using had 4%. Some is as high as 15%. Not that I am suggesting you try that recipe, just that there are variables to everything, including altitude.

I've never made bone broth but did make chicken soup which was great. Some folks freeze the bone broth and use it as the thin liquid for other recipes. It can go from frozen into the pot and just takes longer to come to pressure.

Keep us posted! (Well, me, anyway)