Old 07-15-2017, 08:14 PM
Chem

Keep the comments coming friends!

Right now I'm still stuck on using large squares (of the cactus fabric) and narrow sashing as a pattern, mostly because I'm having a hard time "seeing" the cactus fabric being paired with more than 1 other fabric.

The BQ quilt is exciting and fun looking-- impressed that your 9 year old granddaughter is making it, CindyB-- but the retro 50s vibe I get from it wouldn't work in my bedroom.

Again, because I'm having a hard time managing more than 1 coordinate, the Warm Wishes quilt is not for this project but I LOOOOOOOOOVE the pattern. Not sure why it appeals to me so much but I really want to make a fall quilt using that pattern and Civil War reprints. Thanks Tartan for giving me my next project!

Barb, I'll keep that pattern in mind-- thank you!

Glad some of you are feeling my fabric choices-- I was a little worried everyone would say NOPE to my picks And I was totally thinking of cactus flowers when I picked out the pinks; so cool that others have the same picture!

I'm surprised to see that green is being recommended as the second color, tho. I have to be honest here, I'm worried that would be too bland. If keep the sashing narrow, which I intend too, I feel like a contrasting color wouldn't overwhelm the design. Or maybe it would. I'm off to audition some greens with the cactus fabric right now.