Old 07-16-2017, 04:55 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

I actually have three places to sew: my camper, our regular home and a cottage on the river. I initially brought all my FQ's here to the cottage and kept my yardage at home. I take quilts that are cut out and ready to sew with me in the camper. I have 2 good sized shelves in one room that is my designated sewing room in the cottage with a table on lifters for cutting. When I leave for the winter to Alabama, I plan on taking several kits with me that will be queen size quilts, the campground has a large table and I have a spot in the camper for cutting out the kits. At the cottage, we usually stay one week and then leave for a week from spring to fall so I have several quilts in progress at one time. I always have something easy to make for a leader and ender and then I have another more complicated quilt I am making also. I am fortunate that my machine in the cottage stays up all the time in a great cabinet. When I am sewing in the camper, I have to take my machine up and down, but I still manage to sew a great deal. My small ironing board sits over the kitchen sink and my mat is on the counter next to it. The table is right behind it. On those days, we eat from the fridge and microwave or eat out. I do hope you find a way to quilt, it sure makes life nice.