View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 06:49 AM
Endora

Originally Posted by Sheep Farmer View Post
LOL!
I so enjoyed reading everyone's post here. Brings back so many memories.

I have always used cloth diapers (1980's - 1995) and love them.
The plastic disposable diapers were just so uncomfortable on the baby's skin when compared to the nice soft cotton. And, of course, there was nothing more pleasant than snuggling with a freshly-changed baby in a cloth diaper.

I had a diaper service, so I suppose that made things a bit easier. The diapers used were the pre-folded/stitched diapers, but for my first child I did use the regular rectangular cloth diapers that I folded myself and used pins.

I remember my baby sitter exclaiming how she did not want to use my cloth diapers cuz she didn't like the pins. (And I'm sure she probably stuck my baby a time or two.)
That's when I discovered those rubber/plastic gizmos that sort of clamped onto the cloth diaper.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]576694[/ATTACH]
I agree, it has been fun reading everyone's experiences. A relaxing stroll down Memory Lane. Safety pins never bothered me, probably because I was introduced to them at such an early age changing siblings, and the babysitters I had were right at home pinning diapers as well. That's one thing I never did was stick my kids when changing them, myself however, well that's a whole other conversation! LOL!