View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 08:15 PM
c.orlando

I set one of these up for a local quilt shop today. The machine seems to be the same as an Avante. I have an HQ Fusion.

Things that are the same:

1) Bobbin Winder is exactly the same there is no difference.
2) Easy Set Tension, Regulated / Manual mode, Stitch Counter, Bobbin Thread recording etc.. Screen for the Quilt Maker Pro is configured the same as the Sweet Sixteen. I was able to use this without even looking at the manual.
3) Frame is the same as the Avante standard frame except for the quilt top bar which is lower in the front. The carriage tracks are not a continuous track. They are in 4ft sections and you have to add a coupler between to extend the tracks to 8", and 12" they are like the old style tracks that came with the Avante Frame but these are not plastic.
4) Ruler base is exactly the same as the New HQ Fusion ruler base, I have this one and it is exactly the same down to the velcro that they give you to adjust it if is wobbles. The instructions are even the same.

If you are going to spend the $10,999.00 that the my local shop is asking I would look at the Avante as the Quilt Maker Pro does not have a computer system yet it is not available at this time. Also I would go with the tried and true machine until they work the bugs out. While testing this machine after I set it up my thread kept breaking on the top when I increased my speed in regulated mode, also if the bobbin was full it kept catching in the backlash inside the bobbin case. I'm quite experienced with setting the bobbin tension it was set correct, once I ripped off thread and lowered it to 3/4 full it stopped catching in the bobbin case.

Hope that helps you decide

Last edited by c.orlando; 07-17-2017 at 08:18 PM.