View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 06:18 AM
Endora

Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin View Post
I must have been nuts (I wasn't) but I had 3 children in 2 years so I had 3 children in diapers for about 6 months, then it was only two. Oldest son born Jan. 1967, second son born Dec. 1967 (yes, same year!) and then daughter born in April 1969. Oldest son was potty trained sometime that summer when he was 2 years old. We had a washer but no dryer so I hung cloth diapers in our basement to dry every night. I can remember folding and folding them. Had to wash the plastic pants out by hand or they would dry and crack. A whole new life back then.
You were busy! LOL! laundering rubber pants in the washing machine was so hard on them. The old top-loading agitator washing machines used to rip and tear rubber pants badly, so I always hand-washed them, too, then hung them to dry, either outside on the line, or inside on the wooden drying rack.

LOL, about the folding. Ideally, when I was on top of everything, I'd have a stack of daytime folded diapers on one side of the baby's dresser, and a stack of nighttime double folds on the other... and I also remember raiding laundry baskets for clean diapers (at change-time) when I was behind on the folding. Those were the days...