View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 04:17 PM
dljennings

Originally Posted by Moonpi
Originally Posted by cjomomma
While I was in wolly world yesterday shopping fabrics, a lady was telling me that she has so much fabric that her husband purchased 2 45' trailers (the ones that semi's pull an call vans) for her to put her stash in.
45 feet by 10 wide would be the equivalent to a 21'x22' sewing room. I think that is a nice size, myself. There are ladies here that enjoy areas larger than that. You do not know how long she has been collecting, or whether she has incorporated other stashes into her own. Maybe her mother died and left her lots of fabric.

Those containers are watertight and can be temperature controlled if they want. I would not jump to the conclusion that a person I have never met has a mental illness simply because she has a larger stash than mine. It is no different than the public storage units which fill up as soon as you rent the space. Give the woman a break!
i work for a trucking company, and we have one trailer @ my terminal that is heated (could be cooled) it runs thru 4-8 gal of diesel per 24 hrs diesel is averaging 3.00 a gallon, so that is $12.00 to $24.00 PER DAY for climate control.. and how is she getting up into the trailers...they are 48" high from the ground......

i wish i had $84.00-168.00 a week i didn't know what do do with!!!