Old 07-24-2017, 05:58 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Several years ago I entered our local fair but not quilts. I had home canned goods (tomato pasta sauce, sweet hot pickle relish, salsa (both red and green) and blueberry jam) I also entered some Ukrainian Easter Eggs (Pysanky) and a wooden box I had painted a Bengal cat on and lined the inside with faux fur in a leopard print. I won a lot of ribbons that year. The box and the eggs took first but there were only a few entries in the easter decorations category. The box cracked me up as the judge was more impressed with me lining it with the fake fur than the painting, it was displayed so you could see the inside, not the decoratively painted outside. The canned goods I got ribbons on everything too. It was fun. At our fair you get a small cash prize in addition to the ribbons so I made enough that it covered my entry fees and our admission to the fair and all the bad for you but oh so yummy fair food.

I wouldn't enter my quilts because the building they are displayed in is not the best and I wouldn't trust them to not get dirty and possibly damaged. Also they don't display them very well. Most are folded up and hung on a rail so you can only see 1/4 of the quilt.