View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 11:10 AM
Annie68

Originally Posted by dorismae904 View Post
Perhaps ten years ago, I belonged to a group that made crocheted blankets for needy children. We met at a clubhouse in the mobile trailer park where the organizer lived to sew labels on the blankets. A day came when someone brought in small quilts for the NICU unit of the local hospital. So I started bringing in some charity quilts to donate also. Later I and a lot of other ladies in the group found out that the organizer was sorting through each month's donations and taking the best of the lot to a large city approx 2 hours away and selling them. After he husband passed on, she had the nerve to set up a table at a local craft fair and selling them at low prices guaranteed to make a sale. Needless to say, I stopped donating. Now I do make charity quilts which I give out to a Headstart class at my church. I can see where my donations are going. My experience has really given me trust issues.
Oh, that is a sad story! So glad you continue to make quilts and give them out yourself, great idea.