Old 07-29-2017, 05:26 AM
Nanny's dollface

Default What was your HQ Simply Sixteen Longarm experience

After 4 years of quilting I have amassed 6 quilt tops that need quilting. The tops that I have finished, have been down on a 5 inch throat machine ( yes a king size quilt which was my first quilt) or a 9 inch throat (Babylock Jazz). What's holding me back from finishing the others, shoulder and neck discomfort from pushing, shoving and rolling the quilt through the machine's throat.
A longarm had been out of the question due to size and cost until I happened to stop at a store yesterday.
I saw several quilting systems that had a smaller floor footprint and decided to try all of them. This was my first time trying even touching a longarm. I played around on 5 different brands and found that I fell in love with the HandiQuilter Simply Sixteen and how easy it was to do echoing, feathers, and meandering .
So now I am seriously thinking of attending the store's tech party to see what type of offer will be available for this system. I have search QB and found several older posts. I would like to know what your experience has been using your Simply Sixteen for a while? What would you like changed? Do you have any regrets? Thanks